· Assess and evaluate adults/adolescents experiencing symptoms of a behavioral health disorder.
· Analyze and evaluate patient data/information and test or examine findings to diagnose nature and extent of behavioral health disorder(s).
· Prescribe, and/or direct psychotherapeutic treatments or medication to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
· Collaborate with physicians, advance practice nurses, psychologists, social workers, nurses, or other professionals to discuss service plans and progress.
· Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained via self-report, relatives, and other professionals.
· Counsel patients during appointments as necessary.
· Design/participate in the development of individualized service plans, using a variety of treatments.
· Examine or order laboratory or diagnostic tests for patients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorder.
· Advise and inform guardians, relatives, and significant others of patient’s conditions and treatment when clinically appropriate.
· Review and evaluate treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
· Prepare and submit assessments, progress notes, reports and summaries to entities/agencies as required by organization where placed.
· Return calls and emails promptly (within 24 hours of receipt or sooner if clinically necessary).
· Follow the chain of command at the organization where placed (e.g. clinical issues should be brought to the attention of the placement organization’s medical director etc.)
· Abide by the policies and procedures of the organization where placed.
Qualifications and Skills
· Graduation from a program specializing in a psychiatry/mental health;
· ANCC certification in one of the following areas:
· Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
· An unrestricted DEA registration in each state where direct services will be provided;
· A state-issued Controlled Substance Registration (CSR) in each state where direct services will be provided (if required by state);
· Registration with the state Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP) in each state where direct services will be provided (if required by state);
· No suspension/exclusion/debarment from participation in federal health care programs (e.g. Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP)
· Full Time
· Part Time
· Per Diem